RED has just released a whole lot of details about its new DSMC2 Production Module, which mounts to its RED Brain with a V-Lock mount.
It’s a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy module that works for professional shooting configurations. It incorporates a V-Lock mount to power the RED camera and features three BNC video connectors, making your setup a lot more flexible. It additionally features two standard XLR connectors, each sporting a 3-position selector switch.
- 2x 3G-SDI outputs (75 Ω BNC), 60 Hz max frame rate
- Monitor output (75 Ω BNC), 60 Hz max frame rate
- 2x 24V Aux Power / Remote Start/Stop Outputs (3-Pin Fischer), 2.5A Shared
- Aux Power Output (2-Pin 0B LEMO), 3.0A
- Aux Power Output (2P-in P-Tap), 3.0A
- DC IN (6-Pin 1B LEMO socket)
- 2x Balanced Audio inputs (3-Pin, full size XLR female)
- Stereo Headphone output (3.5 mm jack)
- Timecode input/output (5-Pin 0B LEMO)
- Genlock input (75 Ω BNC)
- Gigabit Ethernet input.output (9-Pin 0B LEMO)
- CTRL (Tally OUT / RS-232 Rx and Tx) (4-Pin 00 LEMO)
- USB Power output (Type A socket), 1.5A
- 2-position slider switch
- 2 channel, uncompressed, 24-bit, 48 KHz
- Input Formats: Balanced Line, Balanced Mic (w/o Phantom Power), Balanced Mic (w/ 48 V Phantom Power)
Pricing and Availability
RED’s DSMC2 Production Module will stars shipping in January 2019 and will be selling for $4,750.