New features are coming to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K and 4K cameras. The new firmware update — Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.6 — is coming soon.
While the update does add features to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, it mainly focuses on the 4K version. That isn’t to say though there isn’t anything notable being added to the 6K version. Let’s get into what’s being updated for both cameras.
Here is what the Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.6 adds to the BMPCC 6K
- Blackmagic Pocket Battery Grip support
- Language localization support
- Built-in camera horizon tool support
- Pinch to zoom up to 8K magnification support
- USB PTP control support
- You can type in customized frame guide ratios; there’s no limit anymore to the built in ones
- Improved autofocus performance
This is what’s being added to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- New recording modes: 4K 2.4:1 4096 x 1712 in Blackmagic RAW up to 75 fps
- New anamorphic recording mode: 2.8K 4:3 2880 x 2160 recording in Blackmagic RAW up to 80 fps for anamorphic lenses
- Record in Blackmagic RAW in 2.6K 2688 x 1512 at up to 120 fps
- Supports a 2x de-squeeze preview when recording 4K 4:3
- Now embed custom 3D LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips as metadata
- 1.33x de-squeeze preview with 1.33x anamorphic lenses
- Now you can monitor voltage levels when powering through the 12V DC connector
- Common off-speed frame rate options above slider when changing frames
- Common ISO options above slider when changing ISO settings
Pricing and availability
You can download the Blackmagic Camera 6.6 update through Blackmagic’s support page. It will be half-way down the page. It will read “Latest Downloads.” The update is completely free.