With all the big releases, updates and enhancement coming to so many Blackmagic products, it’s almost expected that DaVinci Resolve would get a new update as well. The new version, DaVinci Resolve 15.3, will bring improvements on a number of fronts
Here’s what DaVinci Resolve 15.3 is adding and updating
Now that Blackmagic RAW is included with both the URSA Mini Pro G2 and the BMPCC 4K, Resolve will update support for that codec and implement the Blackmagic RAW SDK 1.3.
The update will also improve support for audio metadata in AFF exports. That includes clip volume, pan data, track volume, and automation. Users will additionally notice improved performance when selecting clips in the Edit timeline. Also being improved is the responsiveness when using Wacom tablets on Windows, playback behavior on the Edit page, and timecode support for high frame rate EXR clips.
- Improved support for audio metadata
- Upgraded performance when selecting clips in the Edit timeline
- Improved responsiveness when using Wacom tablets on Windows
- Upgraded playback behavior on the Edit page
- Improved timecode support for high frame rate EXR clips
Pricing and availability
DaVinci Resolve Update 15.3 is free and you can download it from blackmagicdesign.com.