Purveyors of fast and friendly 3D software Zaxwerks just released their latest 3D creation, 3D Invigorator PRO 8. The latest Invigorator takes their proven Adobe After Effects plug-in through to the next level, with the biggest upgrade in it’s history.
And quite a history it’s been. The award-winning Zaxwerks Invigorator is now in it’s 14th year.
Following in this year’s theme for 3D ProAnimator 8, 3D Invigorator 8 is dubbed “The Speed & Beauty Release”, as the focus is on a real-time 3D workflow. The innovations making this possible are incredible 3D GPU rendering performance, vastly improved ray tracing performance, enhanced image realism and way more features.
To show off this performance, Zaxwerks produced a 3D scene of over one million polygons which took Maya 259 seconds to render, Cinema 4D about 50 seconds to render and 3D Invigorator 8 only 3 seconds to render.
"This test scene renders in real-time using Open GL. Open GL gives you textures, shadows, lens flares, camera focus and real-time ambient occlusion, but you don't get inter-object reflections. Ray tracing slows it down to three seconds per frame but it also adds inter-object reflections, giving the scene that extra something special," says Zax Dow, Founder of Zaxwerks.
To bring in those impressive real-time numbers, Zaxwerks has created the Reactor Rendering System, a GPU/CPU hybrid that pushes the graphical capabilities of computers as far as it can. Fortunately, the low base system requirements mean that those of us with older workstations won’t miss out on the 3D fun.
Other features in 3D Invigorator 8 include:
* Real-time camera focus with depth of field.
* Instancing; which creates hundreds or thousands of duplicate words, logos or complete 3D objects.
* Distribution functions; which arranges objects into grids, patterns, or into the shape of any 3D object.
* Image-based lighting; where a picture is used to light a scene.
* Real-time ambient occlusion; which darkens areas that don't receive much light.
* Object randomization; which makes the placement of objects look more natural and less computer-perfect.
* Normal Mapping; which gives the textures applied to the surfaces of objects a realistic look and feel.
* 200 free surface materials using the new normal mapping technology.
* 50+ Object Styles optimized for Invigorator PRO 8
* Plus hundreds of other improvements.
Check out Zaxwerks’ Invigorator introduction video to see it in action:
3D Invigorator PRO 8 is shipping now for $399 through Zaxwerks’ website, or by calling Zaxwerks at 1-800-549-0250. If you have any experience with Invigorator, let us know in the comments or hit us up on Twitter @Videomaker