Blackmagic Design this week released a free update to their ATEM switcher software, which includes an innovative new copy and paste function that allows color correction settings to be copied across multiple camera controllers, either individually or to all cameras without affecting iris, focus, coarse and pedestal settings.
The new copy and paste function was designed to give producers a consistent and unified color look which is critical in a fast-paced live production environment.
In addition to the copy and paste function, an adjustable display of white balance temperature has also been added to Camera Control, which gives operators greater control over the color temperature of the camera and makes it easy to ensure cameras are matched up for consistent program output. Users can also now fade audio and video together using audio follow video (AFV) and selecting Fade to Black button, making it easy for a single user to switch from a program, to end a recording or move to a commercial break.
“The response to Camera Control in the ATEM switcher software panel has been amazing, people have really been able to take advantage of directly controlling camera color using the ATEM switcher software”, said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design, “Customers have given us some great suggestions so we have prioritised these and are continuously releasing updates with these exciting new features. Copy and paste for camera control set up as well as white balance temperature adjustment make it incredibly quick and easy for our customers to set up multiple cameras for live production and achieve amazing image consistency.”
ATEM Camera Control Key Features:
- Color control for up to 20 cameras.
- Familiar Da Vinci YRGB style live color grading including lift, gamma and gain control.
- CCU style operation for the most commonly used operations of iris and pedestal levels.
- Copy and paste color corrector settings to one or group of cameras.
- Remote gain settings.
- Remote shutter speed settings.
- Coarse setting for iris.
- Remote white balance selection.
- Remote focus.
- Remote iris.
- Aux switching for camera preview allowing automatic local monitoring for grading.
- Clear "On Air" indication in user interface reduces the possibility of mistakes
- Lock function stops accidental changes.
ATEM Switchers are available now starting from US$995 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide. ATEM Switcher Update 6.1 is available now for download free of charge for all existing ATEM Switcher customers from the Blackmagic Design support page on the website.