EDIT: WEEK 2 submissions are now being accepted! Check them out here.
What it Is:
At Videomaker, we're constantly striving to encourge people to make video on a regular basis. The Videomaker Weekly Video Challenge is designed to inspire creativity and give people the opportunity to show off their chops!
How it Works:
We give you a challenge, and you submit a video between thirty seconds and two minutes long, attempting to fulfill that challenge. The Videomaker editors will post a new submission on the front page every day of the week.
Why You Should Participate:
To put your skills and creativity to the test, of course! Plus, it's fun! OK, If that's not enough for you, we'll also give you THREE FREE MONTHS of Videomaker Plus, just for submitting a video that meets the challenge requirements. Everyone's a winner!
Week 1: Put a CG Title in Every Shot
They don't have to be fancy (although that certainly doesn't hurt), but every shot should contain an on-screen title, and the title should be different for every shot. They don't have to make sense, but remember that only videos that the Videomaker editors like the most will make it to the front page.
How to Submit a Video:
Here's the simple, two-step process.
1. Upload your video to YouTube.
2. Post your submission in a Videomaker Forum Topic here: https://www.videomaker.com/forum/week-1-a-title-in-every-shot
1. Keep it tasteful. Please keep your video free of vulgarities or sexually explicit/suggestive imagery.
2. No Copyrighted material… that means no movie/TV clips or music that you don't have the rights to use. If you need royalty free music: https://www.videomaker.com/downloads/stock-music
3. Videos must be submitted as YouTube links. No other domain will be accepted,
4. Your submission must be your original work. If you submit something created by someone else, you will be disqualified (and publicly ridiculed)!
Challenges expire weekly, so you don't have much time to submit your first video. Go grab a camera and start shooting!
[Image courtesy of BigStock.com]