reprinted from Ulead <
Ulead is looking for a good laugh. Whether its an itty-bitty titter or a great big guffaw, if youve got an original video that goes for the funny bone, get ready to submit it to the Ulead Comedy Video Contest.
Were looking for wholly original comedy videos that are PG or cleaner and are made with, you guessed it, Ulead VideoStudio!
Dont have the software? No problem! Download the FREE VideoStudio 10 trial version.
And so, gentlemen (and ladies), start your chuckling Its time to laugh!
- 1st Prize (1 winner) Grand Prize: Sony MinDV Handycam DCR-HC96 ($799.99 value)
- 2nd Prize (10 winners) 10 x Honorable mentions: Ulead DVD Workshop 2 ESD ($299 value)
- Contestant prizes (All contestants) 15% Discount Coupon for all Ulead Products. (Valid until: 2006/10/30)
How to Enter
1. Set up a free account with Ulead contest page powered by DropShots.com. (If you already have an account, no need to set up another)
2. Upload your video to the page: http://ulead.dropshots.com/upload.php. You can choose to upload via DropBox or normal web upload. Remember the length of your video must be less than 2 mins. Format is not important, DropShots does the encoding on-the-fly.
3. After upload is finished, go back to http://ulead.dropshots.com/ to see how your video looks on the contest page. You may enter a title for your video, watch others comments and even post your video to your own weblog.
4. To be fair, only videos produced with Ulead VideoStudio will be allowed. Winners will be asked to submit their .VSP (VideoStudio project file) file for final verification.
5. Remember that video clips must be received by 11:59PM PST on September 15, 2006.
Our sharp-eyed judges will be looking closely at all the entries (once we spring them from their padded cells, of course). Here's what they'll be looking for:
1. At LEAST 3 shots/clips, edited together with some logic
2. At LEAST one Title
3. Some additional audio/music
Come on this is EDITING software, so do some EDITING try to tell a little story, visually!
Judging will be based on:
- Creativity 30%
- Editing and Effects 40%
- Laugh-O-Meter rating 30%
Decision of the judges are final and any complaints will result in sense-of-humor-failure.