Reprinted from a FileMaker press release:
FileMaker announced the immediate availability of the FileMaker Creative Pro Starter Kit, a free bundle of five ready-to-use database solutions for creative professionals and managers. The Starter Kit solutions help creative teams manage everything from jobs and billings, images and collateral, clients and vendors.
The free solutions are designed for creative teams in advertising agencies, direct mail companies, film and video production companies, photography studios, graphics design agencies, animation studios, publishing houses and TV studios and more. The free kit comes with a 30-day free trial of FileMaker Pro 7, the #1 selling easy-to-use database that is currently used by more than 100,000 professionals in the creative services industry (see more details at http://www.filemakertrial.com)
"FileMaker 7 allows creative professionals to become more productive immediately, allowing them to focus more of their time on the higher value activities that result in better service for their clients," said Ryan Rosenberg, vice president, marketing and services, FileMaker. "The flexibility and ease of use of FileMaker Pro already makes it the solution of choice for creative and business professionals at the top agencies and studios in the industry. Now we're giving the creative field a bundle of free solutions so they can extend the power of FileMaker to improve the way they serve clients," he added.
Solutions built with the awarding-winning FileMaker database technology are used for a wide range of functions to help creative services firms run smarter, from image management and billing to electronic job jacket systems and ad sales management. Creative firms value FileMaker for its ease of use, the ability to customize it quickly, its support for both Windows and Macintosh computers, and finally, its affordability.
The FileMaker Creative Pro Starter Kit
The Creative Pro Starter Kit includes five complete, ready-to-use database solutions, developed by experts serving the creative services industry. The solutions can be used immediately by creative, business, traffic and production professionals to productively access and manage client details, job status, digital assets, timesheets and project activities.
- ClientTracker, developed by iSolutions (http://www.isolutions-inc.com/), is a pre-programmed, ready-to-use client tracking database that provides storage retrieval and management of complete contact information, including multiple notes per client contact. ClientTracker can also track multiple projects for each client.
- Praesto Jr., developed by Base Builders (http://www.basebuilders.com/), is a job and client tracking solution for creative professionals that want to track projects, tasks and clients simultaneously. Praesto includes three modules — Projects, Tasks, Firms — that allows users to tracks all aspects of multiple project and the assignment and progress monitoring of associated tasks.
- Asset Tracker, developed by New Century Data (http://www.newcenturydata.com/), is a digital asset management solution that stores multiple media types (images, graphics, sound, video) along with related information, such as client, job number, owner, usage rights, and a thumbnail description of the image. The media types can also be published to the web, along with text copy, to streamline the client approval process.
- Job Time Tracker, developed by Soliant Consulting (http://www.soliantconsulting.com/), is a job time tracking solution that helps creative agencies manage the complexities of clients, jobs and invoicing. The solution includes storing and viewing information on jobs, time entries, tracking agency employees working on jobs, work activity descriptions and reporting formats for internal and external audiences.
- JobCharge Timesheet, developed by EnglishComp (http://www.englishcomp.com/) provides a ready-to-use timesheet application for collecting and managing hourly charges for creative professionals. The solution features individual personal timesheets at log-in, timesheet reporting by employee/job/date, storing of client invoicing information (codes, job numbers, billing) in tables available through pull-down lists and the ability to duplicate prior days' timesheets.
New Website for Creative Professionals
In addition to the free starter solutions, FileMaker offers a website (www.filemaker.com) that features stories about many well known companies that have used FileMaker to better run their business, including Deutsch Advertising, Industrial Light & Magic, E! Entertainment, ABC News, Comedy Central, and Fox Cable Networks. The site also includes video demos showing how creative services customers have deployed FileMaker solutions. Site visitors can access lists of FileMaker developers and consultants who specialize in helping creative businesses.
Pricing and Availability
The FileMaker Creative Pro Starter Kit and 30-day trial of FileMaker Pro 7 are free and can be downloaded now at www.filemakertrial.com/creative. FileMaker Pro 7 is priced at $299 U.S. (volume licensing also available) and is available by visiting www.filemaker.com Users of FileMaker Pro 6.0 can upgrade to FileMaker Pro 7 for $149 U.S. Offer valid in North America only.
FileMaker Pro 7 runs on both Microsoft Windows XP and Apple's Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later. In addition, the computer monitor's screen resolution must be set to a minimum of 1024 x 768.