NEWS - Morgan / Andrew
* ABC offering "free" content soon (the democracy continues?). Concurrently, Disney is going to be offering some of its shows, like ABC's "Desperate Housewives", online the day after it airs.
* NAB: We're going, you're not. (The Reader, we mean.) So we'll tell you all about it when we return. A brief explainer of what NAB is, and why the NDAs are keeping us form talking about new product announcements.
* Danny DeVito and Morgan Freeman have launched an on-line documentary channel called ClickStar
* Networks finally take their heads out of the sand and admit that PrimeTime programming as they know it is dying, and are tying to find other ways to get their product seen.
* The Emmy Organization is allowing Podcast videos as a category into its next contest
PROPS: PRODUCT SHOWCASE: The PSC Mixer and the Edirol mixer
Are your low angle shots shaky, uneven, lacking variety, and just not up to the quality standard you’re okay with? Whatever it may be, we’re going to show you some tips on how to get better low angle shots, with a Benro Hi Hat. Low camera angles are fun, can look very professional and don’t require a lot of expensive equipment. Getting good camera angles will add variety and that always makes editing easier and a good hi-hat like the Benro makes sure your shots are consistent. #AD
We define diegetic and non-diegetic elements and demonstrate how they can be used to convey complex cinematic ideas. Learn to better control the emotional and intellectual response of your audience by understanding the mechanisms behind it.
There are always lots of new lenses announced at NAB every year, but this one was truly special. Most of us can’t even afford to rent some of the lenses on the show floor, let alone the camera to use them. Canon’s Compact Servo 18-80mm T4.4 is the exception. While the $5,225 price tag is nothing to scoff at, it’s a steal when compared to Canon’s other EF servo zoom lenses, which approach $30,000.
An optional add-on to the Compact Servo 18-80 is a zoom rocker grip.
Testing the S-Gamut3.Cine Slog3 colour profile in the Sony a7S II. Please note this is 4K down scaled to a 1080P timeline. Canon 16-35 F4 Set to F11 on both cameras. Shutter speed used to get correct exposure. White balance 5500K
We've been screaming about this for years, but Simon Cade at DSLRguide has put it into words more eloquently than we've heard in quite some time. Simon strikes down all the buzz words we industry geeks tend to throw around like dynamic range, aliasing and 4K, but emphasizes that the they all take second fiddle to storytelling.