Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Specialty Topics › Online Video › YouTube lowers the quality of my videos
- February 24, 2019 at 6:26 AM #72008671cptengageParticipant
Hi guys. I started YT not a long time ago, and I have ongoing issue.
I don’t know why, but YT cuts the quality of my videos, makes them blurry and greyish.
There’s 2 screenshots. 1st is from my video on my pc. 2nd one is from YT (1080p)
My recording (OBS) and rendering (Vegas) settings
- February 24, 2019 at 11:39 AM #72008674bobspezParticipant
I don’t think it matters how you rendered it. Youtube compresses video to save space. The same thing is visible on my mp4 HD youtube videos but only when viewed full screen. In smaller formats it’s not noticeable.
- February 24, 2019 at 7:28 PM #72008687wsmith198729Participant
Don’t worry about your rendering. It’s all about Youtube, they compress our videos.
- February 25, 2019 at 2:28 AM #72008690cptengageParticipant
But I saw the other YouTubers (and not only the big ones) and they have that crisp look on their videos
- February 25, 2019 at 10:15 AM #72008696bobspezParticipant
The other youtube videos you saw might have been sharper than yours to begin with.
4K on youtube looks noticeably sharper. Look at 4K videos and then change the youtube resolution to HD and you see the difference. But you have to shoot and render in 4K. It sometimes takes a couple of tries in uploading for youtube to display it with the 4K option. I’ve had youtube display it as HD only, and had to delete it and re-upload it for it to be available in 4K.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.