Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Specialty Topics › Wedding and Event Video › Wedding Song with Copyright
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 5 months ago by blobs.
- August 20, 2018 at 4:31 PM #71106789blobsParticipant
I just filmed a wedding and the bride really wants the song “Speechless” by Dan and Shay for her highlights film.
There is no way I can legally use this without spending a ton of money on a copyright correct? How would one even attempt to attain a copyright for this one song?
Thanks in advance
- September 2, 2018 at 1:41 PM #72000038paulearsParticipant
Depends on where in the world you are, but in the UK, you contact PRS and take out a licence, and charge it on to the happy couple.
- September 4, 2018 at 4:11 PM #72000093JackWolcottParticipant
In the U.S. contact a clearance house — http://greenlightrights.com for example — and secure a license. Be prepared for this to take quite a long time; it may! And as Paul says, pass the cost along to the happy couple. Be sure you have this transaction stipulated in a rider to your contract.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.