Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Videomaker › Videomaker Plus › Stumped on an editing problem. Please help!
- April 10, 2020 at 5:01 PM #firstname.lastname@example.orgParticipant
Hi all, I’m new here so thanks in advance for your help. Here’s my problem. I have footage from my go pro hero 7 black. When I upload the videos and play them through windows media player it plays back choppy. I downloaded VLC MEDIA PLAYER and that corrected my issues when playing back my footage. Now as I try and edit them using windows video editor it plays back choppy while trying to edit. Go pro settings are 4k at 60fps 16:9 ratio. My laptop is an hp envy x360 m6. Any help on fixing this issue?
- April 12, 2020 at 11:54 PM #72046208fionarindyParticipant
Are you using Windows Movie Maker to edit a 4K 60fps footage?
- April 13, 2020 at 12:35 PM #email@example.comParticipant
I’m using windows video editor. Same thing? I downloaded davinci and hit film express since those were free but the footage still came out choppy when placing them in the storyboard on both programs.
- April 14, 2020 at 8:29 PM #72049388fionarindyParticipant
HP envy x360 m6 is capable to edit 4K videos, but it is still hard to get smooth real-time playback and rendering for those kinds of high compressed media.
My experience might work for you cause I also use Hitfilm/Premiere to edit drone footages, (60/120fps), 4K. My way to edit short clips is lowering the playback resolution. For some long videos, I transcode them to editing friendly formats, mostly CineForm.
- April 27, 2020 at 5:42 AM #72051290roseyshere1Participant
I always wondered if windows editor is worth wasting time on. Is it any good?
- April 30, 2020 at 9:11 AM #72051423
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.