Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Professional Camcorders › SONY XDCAM VS NXCAM.
- September 18, 2019 at 4:21 AM #72024261
- September 18, 2019 at 1:42 PM #72024391Paul JParticipant
To all intents and purposes, the differences are now very minor – XDCAM was a professional video format introduced in 2003 using a social disc based recording system that had DVD style disk in a special caddy. three years later NXCAM popped up as a very similar system according to solid state media but aimed at keen amateurs, and budget conscious professionals. The range then had XD with budgets of maybe 30 grand with real pro lenses fro Canon and Fujinon using B4 mounts, while NX had cameras with fixed lenses starting around 2 grand and going upwards. Gradually the XD range has incorporated cheaper models and the NX range added more expensive. Now, some of them are visually indistinguishable at ten feet – you just need to compare the specs to see the tiny similarities and differences.
- September 18, 2019 at 9:18 PM #72024410
Thanks for the reply I am planning to buy the HXR-NX80…….
- September 20, 2019 at 12:55 PM #72024556Paul JParticipant
Nice camera if you’re looking for something compact but decent.
- September 20, 2019 at 7:57 PM #72024584
Thanks I have already purchased it……Can I take still photo with the camera ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.