Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Graphics and Visual Effects › Chroma Key on objects?
- November 1, 2019 at 9:44 PM #72028770blueninjaoneParticipant
is it possible to use green screen on a object? Because I want to design my own props and I’m wondrering if i could just make the prop green and then like add in textures later. For example, is it possible to make a plastic green knife and then add a metal look to it using chroma key.
- November 2, 2019 at 8:17 PM #72028852sshahriyariParticipant
Yes. It is possible 🙂
- November 3, 2019 at 8:13 PM #72028911blueninjaoneParticipant
- November 4, 2019 at 9:23 PM #72028995JackWolcottParticipant
I don’t think you understand green-screen/chroma-key. The idea is that you use a green (or sometimes blue) background with your subject in front of the green backdrop. You then use your editing software to make the green screen disappear — “key” it out — so that the figure in the foreground is in limbo, without anything behind him/her. Then, again using your editing software, you supply an appropriate background.
If you want a prop that has the texture of a gun you’re going to have to paint it realistically. Or better still, purchase a real looking plastic gun.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.