Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › DVDs won’t play-help!!!! › What am I doing wrong? Is
What am I doing wrong? Is my burner bad? Is it the media or their DVD player?
Probably it is about 90% the fault of their DVD player. The other 10% is the format (+), the brand (TDK) and the speed of the media (8x).
See if you can find some 4X media. If that is a dual media burner, try using the more compatible (-R) format.
A lot of older DVD players (2 years old and older) just don’t like burned media. They were designed to play pressed media like what you buy and rent movies on. The newer DVD players can adjust themselves to play which ever media you put in it. The older players were factory adjusted to play pressed media so burned media can be a problem for them.
You can always tell them to go down to Walmart and buy a new $40 DVD player if they really want to play your burned DVD’s.
I have been having wonderful results (100% I think) with people playing my 4X Verbatum Movie Reel DVD-R’s. Nobody has told me yet (out of about 50 different families) that they couldn’t play one of my burned DVD’s.