Typically if your PC does


Typically if your PC does not come with a IEEE 1394 (Firewire) port, you can get a PCI card interface that you plug into one of your PCI slots inside you PC. I believe that’s what “svhs” is talking about.

Once you have it all plugged in, you will need to load the proper drivers. From their you would then need a IEEE 1394 (aka: Firewire, iLink) cable of which you plug one end into your camera and the other into the IEEE 1394 port on this new card you just installed. They aren’t that expensive. The cable will probably cost more.


Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...