Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Need advice: Filming HS Football › This is a great thread and
This is a great thread and imo, a topic that should have its own board; taping of HS Sports. Here in NJ, there are a few companies that will tape a game for coaches, booster clubs, parents and schools. I tape numerous sports, over 150 per HS season (in NJ a football team plays 12 MAX, usually 10 and soccer plays 15-20, field hockey is about 20;
My workflow for FOOTBALL involves:
- taping the game (sidelines, booth view & Endzone) – we burn a dvd in booth as we tape;
- giving a DVD to the coach immediately after the game – and make copies 3-5 for coaches
- Loading the video to HUDL software (www.hudl.com)
- providing parents with DVD’s – either season package of all games or single game DVD
- Personal recruiting videos
- End of Season Highlights Video at Banquet
- We also do photography so we add in Senior photos, posters etc to packages
- for some a 3-minute inspirational video for the pregame dinner
But Even here in NJ taping for $20 a game is out of the question. This thread has a ton of info and situations that we stumble into all the time. I would love to address each and every one, but at 9:30 am on a Saturday I am off to tape and pass out equipment for four football games, A field hockey game and an ice hockey game.
All the best and looking forward to much more discussion.