Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Static Electricity shocks › The shock was not serious
The shock was not serious and no puddles of water were involved since this was in a hotel meeting room. Also my extension cords are heavy-duty and 3-pin with proper grounding – but who’s to say what the hotel’s wall outlets are like(?).
The thing about camcorders (and some laptop) power supplies is that they are often 2-pin plugs with no grounding.
Do you think using the camcorder on battery with no electricals would solve the problem? Possibly, though it is still connected to the laptop via the firewire and the laptop itself is still plugged into the wall. Can’t use battery power on the laptops since more often than not the events run all day and laptop batteries don’t. Maybe an investment in a dc power supply???
AArgh!!! What a ‘shocking’ state of affairs!