Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › 1/4 inch sensors a good choice › Oh…I guess I should ment
Oh…I guess I should mention that I shoot with 70% of my work with a Panasonic AG-HMC40 (2) and the remaining 30% with Sony NEX-VG10 (2)
When I decided to begin experimenting with HDSLR, it made more sense to me to buy a dedicated camcorder than to go through the expense of making a HDSLR behave like a camcorder.
When I need contrast, saturation, and short DoF, I go with the Sony. When I need clarity and high resolution, I go with the Panasonic.