Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Specialty Topics › Wedding and Event Video › First Wedding? › Nothing wrong with helping a
Nothing wrong with helping a friend (and gaining some experience) IMO.
Couple of tips:
– If you can, mic the officiant to get close audio of everything said during the ceremony.
– If you can, get a feed from the dj booth and record just audio for speeches. then you can match it with your video in post
– you can get inexpensive lights on amazon to mount to your camera for the reception/darker scenes if it is a night wedding
– If possible (and you have 2 cameras and only 1 person), setup one camera as a wide shot during the ceremony and one camera for closeups that you move around (that way you can cut to the wide shot if needed to smooth between camera moves).
– get as much footage as possible, make sure you have multiple batteries (bring a charger and have them charging during the event). The more you have, the more you have to work with in your final edit!