Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Sound › What to look for when buying headphones? › * make sure they rest lig
* make sure they rest lightly and comfortably on the ear, creating a controlled environment for better sound. Driver is positioned the correct distance from the ear canal
* at least a 500 mW power handling – which can stand up to day-in, day-out use at high output levels
* Oxygen-free copper cord for maximum conductivity and minimum noise; conducts electricity better than conventional copper
* Gold-plated plugs resist corrosion for high conductivity and low noise
* Folding design permits easy storage and easy portability in a briefcase or equipment bag
* Reversible earcups enable single-sided monitoring flexibility
* Wide, molded headband distributes the headphone’s weight over a wide area thus reducing pressure.
* UniMatched plug system for use with portable equipment would be nice; detachable phone plug for use with studio and home audio equipment.