Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Consumer Camcorders › Canon ZR85 Problem › Ken Wrote:Well, I’m not fa
Well, I’m not familair with that camcorder, but I do have a suggestion for info you could post to help someone troubleshoot:
1. If you close the LCD monitor (fold in up against the camcordr body, with screen facing in), then look through the eyepiece, do you see anything when the camera is on (in camera mode, not playback mode)?
2. If you push whatever button brings up the menu, do you at least see the menu?
3. If you fold out the LCD monitor (as if you were going to use it), but keep looking through the eyepiece, do you see anything?
4. With the LCD monitor folded out, can you at least display the menu on the LCD monitor?
5. Any of the above steps show anything while the camcorder is in playback mode?
Good luck! 🙂
1. Nothing, just the display menu, and the LCD monitor and the eyepiece both show the display menu in the corners, but the screen is not completely black, it looks like the black and white flickering on T.V. when you can’t go to a channel (or what some people call "popcorn")
3. No, because you can’t use the eye peice and LCD at the same time, but if you meant opening it a little bit and checking the eyepieice, no, it’s still the same.
5. I can still hear the sound, but I can’t see the recordings i’ve made.
-Can you still eject the tape? – Yes
-Do you still get the usual little sounds when you turn on the camcorder? – Yes
-Does anything change if you use the AC adapter as the power source? – No, everything is the same.