It sounds like you’re talking


It sounds like you’re talking about a transition that simulates the film flash or light noise that was generated when a film camera would ramp down, stop, and then start up on the next take. I sometimes do this in my videos for a quick transition, usually to break up a talking head shot rather than having the speaker’s head do a jump between cuts.

Many editing systems call this “dip to color”, “fade to color”, or something like that. Choose a short duration, about 10 frames, then make the dip-to color white. But better would be a built-in transition. Final Cut X has two: “Flash” and “Light Noise”. Either one sounds like what you’re looking for.

Chris Sebes

Best Products