Hi ramin85:


Hi ramin85:

Sorry to hear you got no credit for your work.

Here are some considerations:

= Directly contact the artist.
Tell him he violated your agreement by not giving you credit.

You sound like a very reasonable person, so talking in person, or by phone, would work.
If in person, maybe the presence of a neutral third party might help.

If you are likely to get hot-headed, contact him by e-mail or letter, however, it is far less potent, then in person. Have a friend read what you write before hitting “Send.”

Be clear what you want for a remedy: your name on the credits.
(Did you do the titles for the edit?)

= If you get a bad response, collect any proof you worked on the project, such as e-mails, and digital files still on your editing computer; anything that backs up your claim.

= If anyone else knew about your agreement with the artist, get their written deposition.

= Anywhere the video appears you can challenge the credits, however, it would be prudent to have substantial proof.

= Usually, a suit is a last resort, for which you would need to do all of the above, and it will take even more of your time and money, with no more certain results.

Note: It sounds like the artist does not understand that all movie and music production is a collaborative process, and good will is needed for the communities of artists to work together, for present and future projects.

Good luck to you.

Sweet Corn Productions

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2020

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.