Now that the first wave Hydrogen One pre-orders are shipping, we’ve finally been given a solid spec summary of RED’s Hydrogen One ‘holographic’ smartphone.
Details about RED’s “Holographic” Hydrogen One smartphone have been in short supply until recently. RED’s been keeping details locked down ever since it announced it was making a smartphone last year. Now director Phil Holland has shared a picture on Instagram that reveals major details about the phone.
Here’s a list of the specs we know so far about RED’s Hydrogen One
- Snapdragon 835 processor
- 6GB of RAM
- 128 of storage
- 5.7-inch, 2,560×1,440-pixel, 4-View display
- 4,500-mAh battery
- Dual 8.3 Megapixel 3840×2160 front cameras
- Dual 12.3 Megapixel 4056×3040 back cameras
- Captures H4V holographic stills and video
- Supports modular attachments, including an upgraded camera module
- Charges over USB-C
- MicroSD card slot for expanded storage
- Gorilla glass screen
- 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Google AR Core
- Can be used as a touchscreen monitor for Red’s other cameras
- Offered in titanium ($1,595) and aluminum ($1,295)
The Instagram picture doesn’t reveal everything about the phone. For instance, it doesn’t elaborate on the 2017-era Snapdragon 835 chip. Still, it does give us a better picture concerning the spec of the phone. We didn’t know prior that the phone has 6GB of RAM, a 4,500mAh battery or “deep cavity” stereo speakers.
RED’s smartphone began to ship is first pre-orders this week on October 18th, so we’re sure there’s going to be a lot more details and reviews about the phone in the near future.