Today at CES 2019, Samson introduced the Satellite USB/iOS Broadcast Microphone that claims to bring the studio out into the field.
Looking to give creators both a portable and effective tool, the Satellite captures high-def audio on desktops and mobile devices. It captures 24-bit/96kHz audio and features three selectable pickup patterns.
“Samson Satellite is the perfect fir for musicians, podcasters and streamers who rely on broadcast-quality audio in their craft,” said Samson.
The mic has two 16mm condenser capsules that capture vocal warmth and clarity with a “smooth, accurate frequency response,” according to Samson. Three selectable pickup patterns are offered: cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional. This makes the mic versatile in that it can switch between capturing audio from one or multiple sources.
Also, an internal shock mount isolates the capsules from the body of the microphone, minimizing handling sounds caused by vibrations.
For zero-latency monitoring, the Satellite has a 1/8” headphone output. Plus, it has a touch-mute switch that reportedly quickly silences the mic without making any clicks or pops. And the mic has patented fold-back leg design.
- USB/iOS broadcast microphone
- Dual 16mm condenser capsules
- Selectable cardioid (unidirectional), bidirectional and omnidirectional pickup patterns
- 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz
- 1/8” stereo headphone output with level control for zero-latency monitoring
- Microphone mute switch
- 3-color Power/Clip/Mute LED
- Plug directly into Mac, PC iPhone or iPad
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software
- Patented fold-back leg design provides optimal mic positioning
- Durable aluminum body with heavy-gauge steel mesh grille
- Retro design with black finish and chrome accents
- Includes Lightning to USB Micro and USB to USB Micro cables
- Dimensions: 8.6” x 4.3” x 1.7”
- Weight: 0.75lb
Pricing and availability
The Samson Satellite will be available this May for $99.