Rotolight’s new LED soft light, the Titan X2, could be the brightest 2×1 soft light ever. Rotolight is confident it will redefine “cinematic lighting.”
Titan X2s power
According to Rotolight, the Titian X2 can deliver across the entire CCT spectrum. It’s capable of performing at 2,800K up to 10,000K. Plus, with the new Smartsoft, you have more access to newly added controls and options for adjustments. For instance, you can adjust the light’s diffusion, focus and spread electronically. That will save you from having the buy gels for the light.
Skin tones and colors
It seems one of the calling cards for the Titan X2 is its ability to keep skin tones and colors accurate. With the PentaChromic Colour Engine, Rotolight promises that all skin tones and colors will be kept accurate in from of the Titan X2. It supports more than 16.7 million colors and five lighting modes (CCT, HSI, RGBW, XY, and Filter).
For all of you studio and portrait photographers, the light’s High Speed Sync flash (1/8000th) is a feature you probably want to take a look at. It offers zero recycling time and the wireless triggering capabilities with added flash options.
- RGBWW technology for 16.7 million colors
- SmartSoft technology for adjusting diffusion, focus and spread
- Full color touchscreen display
- 10 user customizable preset
- CineSFX (fire, lightning, TV, gunshot, police, fireworks, paparazzi, and more)
- PentaChromic Color Engine for precise colors and skin tones
- WDMX, Bluetooth, LumenRadio compatibility (coming in a firmware update in early 2020)
Pricing and availability
The Rotolight Titan X2 comes with a Standard Yoke, Pole Operated Yoke, or with a Swan Neck and cost $4999, $4999, and $4699 respectively. It is open now for preorder.