It’s time once again for the RØDE Reel, a massive competition that offers filmmakers and creators a chance to win cash prizes by submitting original short films using the RØDE products.
The competition opened on Aug. 12 and will accept entries until Oct. 20. So, you still have just over two months to submit.
What are the prizes for the RØDE Reel?
If your film is chosen by the panel of judges (made up of industry-leading filmmakers), you will win $250,000 and a gear prize pack. Those who win the genre and special categories will win $10,000 and a great prize pack. There are also two runners-up awards for each category. They will each win a gear price pack.
Additionally, there are eight cash prizes that can be won in the Best Chinese Film category — $20,000 for first place, $10,000 for second place, $10,000 for third place and five $1,000 ‘High Commended’ prizes.
What you need to do to enter?
Here’s what you need to do in order to enter the competition:
- Make a 3-minute short film
- Make a 3-minute behind-the-scenes video of the first short film’s making. (You must feature a RØDE product in this video)
- Upload both videos (the 3-minute video and 3-minute behind-the-scenes video) to YouTube
- Submit the videos to myrodereel.com
- Share your film for a chance to win a People’s Choice Prize
What this could mean for creators
RØDE created the RØDE Reel as a way for creators to earn money that’ll help them make more productions in the future. With how tight budgets can be, even the smaller prizes of $10,000 can make a world of difference.
You can view all the information about the RØDE Reel competition on RØDE’s official website.