Red Giant this week released an update to Universe, an GPU-accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists. Universe 3.2 update brings more creation tools.
According to Red Giant, Universe 3.2 delivers five tools. They are for creating “intricate animations, building beautiful transitions, stylizing imagery and more.”
The update adds new tools like Typographic and Reframe. There is also an update to Finisher, which is said to improve image quality and offer many presets.
What’s new in Universe 3.2
- Typographic: this new tool allows you to design “intricate” shape and text animations
- Reframe: you can create picture-in-picture compositions, with features like control over animation and image borders
- Warp: now you can build a “slick, beautiful” transition with warping and color separation
- Multitone: Universe 3.2 allows you to stylize images by using a colorful duotone or tritone effect
- Socialize: framing allows you to pre-visualize the export and create deliverables for Facebook, Instagram and other social platforms
Updates and new presets
Finisher now includes 16 stylish color filters looking to enhance imagery. Additionally, Universe 3.2 includes a total of over 100 new presets for all of the new tools and Finisher.
Availability and pricing
Red Giant Universe is available as a standalone subscription or as part of Red Giant Complete. As for Universe 3.2, you can get the full version for $199 annually or $30 monthly. There is also an Academic option for $99 annually, shaving off $100 from the full version.
You can learn more about what’s been added and updated in Universe 3.2 on the Red Giant blog. It will also help you download the update if you are a current subscriber.