With DaVinci Resolve 16.2 just revealed a few weeks ago, we already have another update to the Blackmagic Design video editing software.
DaVinci Resolve version 16.2.2 brings in a few new improvements to the overall experience. Additionally, it fixes a few bugs as well. To give you a quick, broad stroke of what the update brings to the table, the software now has support for RED 7.3.1 SDK. In addition to that, DaVinci Resolve 16.2.2 can export .srt files without formatting and assign frame rate on YouTube, Vimeo and Frame.io renders.
DaVinci Resolve 16.2.2
Blackmagic Design says the new DaVinci Resolve 16.2.2 Studio improves performance and fixes a few issues based on customer feedback. Let’s go over some of the updates brings into the software:
- Hardware-accelerated H.265 Main10 renders on supported Macs
- Blackmagic RAW clip LUT name can now be viewed in clip metadata
- Davinci Resolve 16.2.2 adds the ability to assign frame rate on YouTube, Vimeo and Frame.io renders
- Support for RED 7.3.1 SDK
- Support for marking Frame.io comments in markers as complete
- Nudge keyboard actions can be used in the sync clip dialog
- Support for exporting .srt files without formatting.
- Support for the Rec.709-A gamma option for QuickTime player compatibility
- Preference to automatically tag Rec.709 clips as Rec.709-A
- Multiple performance and stability improvements
- Davinci Resolve 16.2.2 addressed level shifts playing some short H.264 clips on Mac systems
- Addressed loss of audio transition when trimming clips in the timeline
- Fixed issues with stabilization not being available in the inspector
- Addressed issues with incorrect channel order for audio waveform display
- Addressed an issue with previewing in Fusion when in proxies mode
- Fixed an issue with using reference sizing with timeline wipe
- Addressed an issue with aspect ratio metadata in some MXF renders
Pricing and availability
This update is free for all existing DaVinci Resolve owners in both the free version of Resolve and in the paid DaVinci Resolve Studio. You can download it on the Blackmagic Design support page.
Image courtesy: Blackmagic Design