Creamsource recently launched its SpaceX LED video light at Cine Gear Expo 2019, describing it as a high powered light that offers a full spectrum soft source.
The SpaceX has six LED engines with 1200W of LED power that equals the power output as a 5K Tungsten spacelight. As for its CRI rating, the SpaceX has CRI of 95 from 3200K to 6500K, which is an impressive rating. Also, its TLCI is rated at 95. The light offers color temperatures from 2,000K to 15,000K with a full stop of Green / Magenta control.
Creamsource says its system has a “quality” rugged build and is equally effective as a spacelight and as mounted on a stand. That adds more flexibility for its usage.
“SpaceX enjoyed an incredible reception at NAB, so we are even more excited to bring it to the Cine Gear audience,” said Tama Berkeljon, Chief Executive Officer, Creamsource. “This flexible unit offers exceptional power at an extremely budget-friendly price point.”
Overall, the head of the system weighs about 40 pounds. Its dimensions measure out to be 590 mm (DIA) x 187 mm / 21.5” x 7.4”.
- 1200W of LED power for output to a 5K Tungsten
- CRI of 95 from 3200K to 6500K
- Full color temperature adjustments from 2,00K to 12,000K with a full stop of Green / Magenta control
- 50 degree intensifier reflector offered
- Active – low noise fans with DMX speed control and pause for cooling
- Hue and Saturation settings
- Direct RBGAW capability
- Dimming with high speed capability
- Standard Lumen Radio or optional ShowDMX Wireless DMX inside
- DMX through standard 5-pin XLR connectors
- Accepts industry standard diffusion skirts
- Sync Input for Triggering and Syncing to camera shutter
- Onboard control keypad and OLED display
- Head Weight: 18 kg / 40 lb
- Dimensions: 590 mm (DIA) x 187 mm / 21.5” x 7.4” (excluding yoke)
- Protection class: IP20
- Beam angle naked: 115 degrees
- Beam angle lensed: 50 degrees
- Maximum Ambient Temperature: 45oC
The Creamsource SpaceX studio fixture is priced starting at $6500.
Image courtesy Creamsource