Like you, we at Videomaker are adjusting to a new normal — one that demands we find ways to be productive at home. We’re all looking for ways to keep working and stay connected, despite the distance that is now required. So in that spirit, we have assembled this collection of resources for video producers currently stuck at home due to COVID-19.
We will continue to add resources to this post over the next several weeks, so be sure to check back.
If you want to keep making videos at home…
We all want to stay busy, but being stuck at home means we may need to get even more creative when it comes to producing content. Whether you’re jumping into video for the first time or just need advice on making videos by yourself, we have an article that can help.
- How to make a movie at home with no budget
- How to Shoot a Professional Video by Yourself
- How to send large files online without wasting time
- How to capture better audio at your desk
- The best cheap video cameras: Budget cameras under $500
- How to live stream from your smartphone
- What live streaming platform should you use?
- This is all the essential vlogging equipment you need
- Everything you need to know about disinfecting video gear
If you want to use video to stay connected…
Making good videos and looking good in front of the camera don’t always go hand in hand. Here are some resources on looking your best for your next video call or virtual conference.
- You can become a better remote communicator with video
- How to look great for your virtual meeting or video call
- How to set up the best video lighting for virtual conferences
- How to set up a video conference background in your home
- How to set up a video conferencing green screen
- How to screen share and use a camera simultaneously during a video call
- How teachers can be more effective while teaching online
If you want to build new revenue streams…
If your normal revenue streams aren’t as reliable as they used to be, it could be time to try some new tactics. Here are some ideas.
- Cash After The Jump: Beginner’s Guide to Online Revenue
- How to Use Affiliate Marketing to Turn Video Streams into Cash Streams
- The basics of running a profitable video business
- How to become a full-time video editor
- Top 4 Tips for Successful Cold Calling
- 5 Reasons to Start a Newsletter for Your Video Business
If you need financial help…
While some are lucky enough to be able to work from home, that isn’t an option for everyone. Many video producers, in particular, rely on commercial and event work that just isn’t there right now. Luckily, there are some programs in place that can help.
If you need emotional support…
This is a tough time no matter how you look at it, and it’s healthy to acknowledge the psychological impacts of isolation, financial strain and general uncertainty. If you’re struggling, there is help.
- Advice from the CDC on coping with COVID-related anxiety
- National Alliance on Mental Illness COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide (PDF)
- Crisis Text Line
Stay positive, stay creative
Optimism is a powerful tool. As we move through this strange time, it’s important to continue to do what we can to sustain our creative work. If you have resources, tips or just words of encouragement for your fellow video producers, please share them in the comments below.