AJA has released Desktop Software v15.5 for KONA, Io and T-TAP products, adding new features that should increase functionality, flexibility and performance.
AJA’s Desktop Software v15.5 brings in additional functionality for both HDR and 8K workflows and new performance upgrades across Windows, Linux and macOS. Let’s look at what the update is bringing to the table.
The Desktop Software v15.5 brings in new features with NLEs, including deeper HDR integration with Avid Media Composer 2019.11 and native 8K or 4K playback with Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. The 4K is downsampled from 8K.
Additionally, the update comes with SMPTE ST 2110-40 monitoring via SDI on AJA Io IP and Avid Artist DNxIP. Also, it adds AJA NMOS support for multiple devices connected to a single host
AJA claims the update will increase speed and creative support on Macs with full compatibility with macOS Catalina and new Metal support on macOS.
Desktop Software v15.5 highlights
- Full compatibility with macOS Catalina
- New Metal support on macOS
- HDR over SDI via VPID
- HDR Test Patterns for UHD2/UHD/HD
- Deeper HDR integration with Avid Media Composer
- Full 2SI SMPTE raster support for 8K on KONA 5
- RGB support for 8K capture and playback on KONA 5
- 8K downsample to 4K via HDMI on KONA 5
- Native 8K or 8K to 4K downsampled output with Adobe Premiere Pro
- HDMI input detection improvements with Desktop Software v15.5
- New countdown functionality to mark out or end of clip in AJA Control Room
- New fan controls and fan speed indicator in AJA Control Panel
- DirectShow updates including addition of support for KONA 5 and KONA IP
- Support for Windows, Linux, and macOS
Pricing and availability
AJA’s Desktop Software v15.5 is out now. You can download it for free on AJA’s support page.