This week, AJA unveiled the new SDK v16.1 update for KONA, Io, and T-TAP Pro. On paper, the update looks like a big one, adding new enhancements across the board for broadcast, production and post workflows.
Let’s break down everything in this update:
AJA launches native Apple M1
The SDK v16.1 update brings native Apple M1 support to AJA KONA, Io, and T-TAP Pro users and AJA’s Developer Partners. Now, users can benefit from the massive performance and speed boost they get from the Apple M1 chip when performing video I/O tasks.
AJA Control Panel enhancements
AJA also refreshed its Control Room’s interface, removing a lot of clutter and replacing it with a more simplified design. According to the company, the interface’s controls are more easily recognizable. On top of this, you can customize the layout of the Control Room to your liking. You can also save user presets as well.
Plus, you can get additional GUI feedback in the Control Panel when “Auto” has resulted in single modification. So, it’s now easier to understand the results you get.
More support with Telestream Wirecast
Additionally, AJA added more support for Telestream Wirecast. Desktop Software v16.1 opens up more options in MultiChannel Config. The update adds 12G-/6G-SDI input support and extends audio input support for KONA, Io, and T-TAP Pro products with Telestream Wirecast.
- Native Apple M1 support for AJA’s macOS drivers and application plug-ins, Control Room, Control Panel, and System Test and NMOS software
- Improves Telestream Wirecast support (K via 12G-/6G-SDI, Digital AES Audio Input, and Analog (Line Level Audio Input)
- Enhancement to the AJA Control Panel (new customizable interface, saveable user presets, etc.)
- V4L2 updates for KONA HDMI
- 64-channel audio support for NTV2 SDK
AJA Desktop Software v16.1 is available now. So, if you want to download it, you can do so for free on the copmany’s support page.