Fuji Rumors claims that the information is from “multiple trusted sources.” In the report, Fuji Rumors is extremely confident the official announcement date for the GFX 50R will be September 25th — before Photokina.
According to the leaks, the GFX 50R will be very similar to Fujifilm’s X-E3 camera. We also have claims about its thickness, weight and price. Here’s the rundown of the information Fuji Rumors has collected:
- 2-way tilt screen (and not 3-way, like GFX 50S or Fujifilm X-T3)
- Dual SD-card slot
- Button layout/look similar to X-E3, with a few differences, like the MCS switch on the back of the camera instead of one on the front like X-E3.
- No “cooling box”
- There is no ISO dial, only the shutter and exposure compensation dial
- Coming with a new 40mm pancake lens
- The Thickness will be less than 42mm
- The weight is below 800g
Fuji Rumors also leaked a photo of the GFX 50R. You can see it below:
What should you believe about the GFX 50R?
There are no official sources for the information listed here, but Fuji Rumors says the GFX 50R’s price is “100% confirmed” to cost around $4,500. This conflicts with Chinese information source Camerbeta Weibo’s claim the camera will cost around $3,600. Regardless which is true, the GFX 50R will be on the cheaper side for a medium format camera.
While Fuji Rumors says there’s “no grain of salt needed,” we won’t know for sure what to expect until Fuji reveals the GFX 50R.