You know the documentary you want to make.
You have the story you want to tell all planned out,
the action ready to go.
Now all that stands in your way is finding the funds.
Unfortunately, that’s the stage where too many would-be documentarians start to falter. Because this isn’t why they got into filmmaking! Finding funding for a documentary is no fun – it’s tedious and confusing and who knows where to start? After all, you’re a filmmaker, not an accountant! How am I supposed to do this, you ask yourself. Don’t panic! Fundraising doesn’t need to be a chore; Videomaker’s “Documentary Funding” DVD will break it down for you, so you’ll know exactly where to go for funds, what to say, and how to get them.
- Funding Sources – First things first! There’s money out there somewhere, but where? We’ll help you find the right places to look for cash, so you won’t waste your time barking up the wrong tree. This section reviews sources like grants, foundations and private individuals.
- The Prospectus – Let’s be honest. Most investors won’t share your passion for your story. They’re in business for one reason: to make money. So you need to show them that your documentary will give them a good return. Make them feel safe that investing in your film is the right decision when you present them with a polished prospectus. We’ll show you how to put together a compelling cover letter, a glowing film description, and a flattering but honest demo reel.
- The Budget – The most important question when raising funds is, how much do you need? We’ll show you how to do more with less, so that you won’t waste valuable cents you could be saving. Get a realistic idea of how much money you’ll need to stage a professional production and where you can trim costs without hurting the quality of your final product.
- The Fund-Raising Plan – Sometimes grants, donations and investments just aren’t enough, so you’ll need to look at alternative options. Fund-raising is your best bet and not nearly as daunting as you might think. Learn how you can stage banquests, auctions, online events and other ways to convince the public to pitch in a few dollars. We’ll show you how to leverage public relations to get the word out, hold screenings to attract interest and pitch your idea to the public via the Internet.
- The Demo Reel – Probably the most important part of your pitch package, the demo reel is what shows investors your real potential. You’ll need to put your best foot forward if you hope to convince anyone to put any money toward your project. You don’t have much time to make a good impression, so we’ll teach you how to choose the best footage and graphics to make a big impact on your viewer.
- The Pitch – This is the part you’ve been dreading. Are you really going to have to get up in front of a room of potential investors and – gasp! – talk about your project? We’re all nervous about public speaking, but if you know your facts and believe in your project, you won’t have any trouble convincing others to believe in it too. We’ll show you how to research, prepare and present your pitch so you can have the confidence you need to succeed.
This DVD also includes 5 best-selling Videomaker eDocs covering a wide range of video documentary topics – absolutely free!
- Dynamite Demos – Convince clients that you’re the right person for the job with a dynamite demo!
- Submitting to Festivals – Film festivals are a great venue to get your finished film in front of an audience. Learn the ins and outs of the festival circuit in this eDoc.
- Keeping Your Client Happy – Your client is the one controlling the purse strings, so you need to keep them happy. This document will show you how to be the responsive businessperson that clients like to work with.
- Video Scopes – Master editing software programs that can help enhance the hue, color, and brilliance of your video!
- Taking it to the Screen – Want your documentary to appear on the big screen? It’s easier than you think!
Videomaker’s “Documentary Funding” takes the mystery and guesswork out of one of the most daunting parts of the documentary process.
With this DVD, you’ll know how best to approach investors to maximize your chances of success, understand how to present your project in the best possible light, and learn all about alternative funding sources to make your documentary dream a reality. Order Documentary Funding and get all the info you need to start finding money today.