NEWS and Technology - Morgan / Andrew
* IBM announces a new technology that increases tape density: possibly up to 8-terabytes on one tape. Most likely use would be for archiving.
* PROP: K-tek sends us a budget wind screen: An affordable Zeppelin. We take one apart and show its inner workings.
* AtomFilm announces a few new films going directly to its Web site and mobile phones.
* PROP: We look at a few "how to" books on editing.
* PROP: Samplitude, an audio editing software (on level of Adobe's Audtion)
Tips and LETTERS - Andrew/ Brian
* Reader question: How much coverage will we be giving to high definition formats?
* Part three of four on How to Create your Own Vidcast.
* PLUG: Contact us at: Web /forum Page
Morgan / Andrew
* JVC's Everio: 30GB hard drive camcorder. This 3 CCD camcorder shoots native 16:9 widescreen images with higher- than- average resolution. Top it off with a headphone jack and accessory shoe, and you're ready to roll. Alas, no tape is needed.
* Panasonic & Sony HD Announcement: Panasonic and Sony Jointly Developed New HD Digital Video Camera Recorder Format for Recording on Disc . This is for acquisition, not distribution. It's called AVCHD: Advanced Video Codec High Definition.