Youtube shows me different quality

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      paolog

Hi

I am struggling again with Youtube. I uploaded several videos. They look good the first time i watch them. However, sometimes if i watch them on other computers or other places (office vs home) the quality changes dramatically. It seems that Youtube degrades the quality on purpose.

Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks

PaoloG

paolog

here you can see one of the videos that has this problem

PaoloG

chuckzootz
      Participant

You Tube often starts a video playing at a low resolution for people with older monitors or slower machines, You will see a gear shape at the bottom bar, click that and it will let you pick the playback resolution

paolog

Thanks Chuck

I am more worried for people who watch it and don't bother changing the settings and will think that the video is poor quality…

PaoloG

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Paolo

I believe a regular viewer will be more concerned about the message (story) of the video than the quality of the image. On the other hand a viewer that cares about image quality will change the settings to the maximum resolution allowed. So I wouldn't worry too much about this YouTube setting.

One thing that will really make people think your video is bad quality is the sound. If a viewer can't hear the video they will close it. Your audio levels are excellent, your doing an excellent job. Keep the content interesting and audio at correct levels and viewers will watch.

paolog

thanks…

being an audio engineer for me it isn't that hard to get good audio….. the tricky part is gettin the video to look good as it is when i watch it after the rendering.

I agree with you that the story is the most important thing… but personally i get turned off whenever i see bad quality videos.. 

PaoloG

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN