Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › XAVC HD , AVCHD motion blur in filing fast paced dances
- August 29, 2014 at 6:03 PM #81566deshParticipant
HI, thanks in advance for your advice. I have recently bought SONY fdr asx 100 4K camera, and I downsample to 1920 for editing. I however get disturbing motion blur while panning even on rocksolid manfroto 501 head. I am shooting 60i. Will be useful to get some settings to reduce the motion blur. thanks
- September 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM #211007mvParticipant
Could it be your shutter speed? I film dance at 1/60 at 60i. Faster shutter (1/90) for sports. I find that when I shoot w/ slow shutter, anything below 1/30, dance movement gets smeared.
- September 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM #211015gary1947Participant
mv is correct. Make sure your shutter speed is at least double your frame rate…i.e., 30 fps = 1/60 sec shutter.
- September 21, 2014 at 4:44 AM #211090deshParticipant
thanks Gary 1947, mv I tried 1/125 and worked I will try 1/90 to see if that is better for aperture setting . thanks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.