Wireless Mic Setup

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

HI, i am having difficulty capturing clean audio for a fitness and exercise project. The subject is very active during shooting, moving around, jumping, breathing heavily, etc.

I am using a Countryman Mic into Shure PG1 wireless transmitter. The receiver is a Shure PG 4 receiver. Recorder is a Zoom H4n portable.

I am getting a lot of audio pops, cracks, etc due to the high level of movement of the subject. They also sweat heavily which also impacts the quality. I also get audio feedback periodically i'm assuming die to the poor connection with the shure trasmitter.

Can someone make a recommendation for a quality wireless setup for a headset mic in this application? I need a reliable setup that will deliver clean audio 100% of the time.

Have you tried rycote undercovers? You can stick the mic anywhere. I'd recommend having them wear a hat or visor, sticking it underneath the bill and running through the hat (taped) and down the back (secure with more tape) into the transmitter

Participant

The toughest miking gig in the world is musical theatre.  I'd do some research into broadway style miking techniques.  Here is a quick article I found throught the miracle of the googles.  πŸ˜‰

Microphone Placement Techniques for Theatre – Bright and Loud

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap