Wireless Lavalier for my Canon XA20

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone,

My first post here, I’m looking forward to learning more about video production. I’m in need of a wireless lavalier microphone for my Canon XA20. I’m concerned of ordering an incompatible product if i go online before researching..

Are there any recommended lavalier mics for the XA20? Or would any wireless lav system work? My budget is $500 – $600

Thank you for your help!

Any wireless Lav would work. There are many good ones for under $200 on B&H. Just make sure the input plug on the receiving unit matches your camera. You can always use an adapter if it doesn’t. There are really only two types of connections – 1/8th inch and XLR. Hope that helps…

Participant

The audio inputs on the XA20 appear to be XLR. As Kevin says, you can get an adapter, but if possible get a mic that has XLR connectors natively. The more elements there are in line — e.g., an adapter plug — the more possibility there is for degradation of the signal.

I assume you have the additional handle (with XLR inputs) on top of the camera?

I’ve used these lavs on the XA-20 (along with many other cameras) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/618739-REG/Sennheiser_EW_112P_G3_A_EW112_p_G3_Camera_Mount.html/mode and they provide a pretty good bang for the buck.

Those are $630, a little high for your range… So…

Another option, that I’ve heard good things about this lav http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1115091-REG/rode_rodlnk_fm_rodelink_wireless_filmmaker_kit.html/mode haven’t used them personally, but a lot of good reviews online.

Both should work fine on the XA with the XLR handle.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap