Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Specialty Topics › Online Video › Why Do Videos Stall Or Buffer?
- April 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM #56800kdfisherParticipant
I've seen some discussions on this subject but nothing in detail. Would you blame stalling or buffering (waiting to load) due to the platform used, or video upload size (1080, 720p etc) Considering I'm on DSL I don't have the luxury of seeing many 1080p videos. Even 720p has problems. But the question is aimed more at preventing these problems for potential viewers.Any direction to improve?Thanks!
- April 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM #207012WoodyParticipant
Bit rate. Bit rate effects quality and some platforms allow higher bitrates than others. Some cable systems allow higher download speeds than others do, so its a balance in targeting your audience.
- April 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM #207022gldnearsMember
What bit rate is your DSL service? Not all DSL's are created equal.
- January 1, 2014 at 7:35 AM #209465kdfisherParticipant
I seem to get this all the time while viewing Vimeo regardless of the videos selected. Is that a Vimeo issue? Viewed both with DSL and Comcast high speed.
- July 18, 2014 at 5:35 AM #210806HowardRobinsonParticipant
It is depend on your device and internet connection.If your device does not support high resolution videos then you can not watch your high quality video with that and your video start buffering.Sometimes due to slow internet speed your video takes more time to play.
- March 5, 2015 at 1:20 AM #211826adam agartharMember
Delete cookies in your browser from settings and try again. Sometimes high traffic can also be the reason for this issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.