Which software

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

So I know nothing about how to edit a video & I have to edit several videos, but I’m a loss on which software to purchase.
      I can’t afford a $200+ price tag & I need something easy to use.

Just to cut the video, maybe add a caption & that’s about it. I don’t need fancy tools.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Participant

download Kdenlive, it is free and equal to software that is more, much more than 200 bucks. But is your running a Windows Operating System, look for how to get it to work on Windows. It works great on Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia MATE OS

Participant

Get DaVinci Resolve. It’s free and runs on Windows. Videomaker reviewed it in 2015 and it’s a lot better now
      https://www.videomaker.com/article/r01/18231-blackmagic-design-davinci-resolve-12-review

I agree with Ed, it is pretty complete and the draw is is that is it free!!

Tom at http://www.bs1loftconversions.co.uk/

What specifications need to be considered simultaneously between the camcorder you buy and the editing software you use? I know that not all softwares support 4k resolution so it wouldn't make sense to have a 4k camcorder? What other things should I be aware of in this nature?

What specifications need to be considered simultaneously between the camcorder you buy and the editing software you use? I know that not all softwares support 4k resolution so it wouldn't make sense to have a 4k camcorder? What other things should I be aware of in this nature?

Software componentry is a arena of study within software manufacturing. Do My Assignment shapes on prior theories of software objects, software architectures, software frameworks and software design patterns.

I wish someone would do something like apurture did. Resolve is ok for a start, but there’s a company that sells a program literally 100% as good as Photoshop that looks almost the same for like $50 one time license. We need something like that in the market, but resolve is a good start to learn on.

Participant

Resolve is an EXCELLENT product – crazy to even consider anything else  if you want free. 

Just for interest – there's a company that has a $50 product as good as Photoshop? Really? I pay that every month!

CharlesBennettCharlesBennett
      Participant

If you intend editing 4k you will need to make sure that your computer is powerful enough to do it. DaVinci Resolve needs a fast multicore processor, plenty of RAM, and a decent Graphics card with 4gb or more of VRAM, especially for 4k.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap