Which resolution to use?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I'll be shooting a short film soon. I'll be using a 5D Mrk III for most of the video and a GoPro Hero 4 Silver for some wide angle POV shots as well.

My question is; Should I try to use the same Screen Resolution on both cameras? Or, as long as they are both 16 x 9 it's not really going to matter if the resolutions match?

Thanks in advance for your help!

the resolution of 5D Mrk III is 1040k dots and GoPro Hero 4 Silver Shoots very high resolution 4K (4096×2160) video but at a lower frame rate. so i think the resolution ll defenitely change.

Participant

For video the 5DMKIII goes up to 1980X1080 (1080P) while I think the Hero is 3960X2160.  So the output resolution can be no more than 1080P.  You can downres the Hero to 1080P or you can capture a part of the image and downres it to 1080P.  If I had these two cameras I might think of using a wide angle lens and then in the edit creating several 1080P segments to select between.  

I currently output to 720P with two 1080P cameras.  One of the cameras is fixed and wide and I slecte left middle and right 720P segments.  For the moveable camera I downres to 720p full frame or run 100%scale for a 50% zoom track.  Thus I have 5 views to select from in the multi channel edit.  With Adobe Premiere Pro CC multi-camera editing is quite easy.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap