What’s a good wireless lav mic to start with?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound What’s a good wireless lav mic to start with?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Eric
      Participant

I am new to film making and have messed around enough with junk that I decided to start building a good starter kit.  I just got a Canon GL2 with a bunch of goodies.  

The one thing that I am needing to get is a wireless lav mic.  The camera came with a Beachtek XLR adapter and I am wondering what a good system would be to hook that up to?

gldnears

In keeping with your decision to not fool around with junk, you should seriously consider the Senheisser system.

Rick Crampton

brunerww

Hi Eric –  you may find this video useful (from Dave Dugdale at learning dslrvideo.com):

Dave seems to agree with Rick that the Sennheiser G3 is the best choice below $1000. The G3 is $630 new from Amazon and $538 used from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Channel1Images
      Participant

[quote=Rallies and Rides]The one thing that I am needing to get is a wireless lav mic.  The camera came with a Beachtek XLR adapter and I am wondering what a good system would be to hook that up to?[/quote]

Since you are working with an XLR input a good match would be the Audio Technica ATW-1800 series wireless, while the Sennheiser is a good system the AT has it beat with a true diversity receiver system. AT also produces an 1800 series dual channel receiver which allows for the use of two wireless transmitters at the same time.

Wayne 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN