What’s a good wireless lav mic to start with?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound What’s a good wireless lav mic to start with?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am new to film making and have messed around enough with junk that I decided to start building a good starter kit.  I just got a Canon GL2 with a bunch of goodies.  

The one thing that I am needing to get is a wireless lav mic.  The camera came with a Beachtek XLR adapter and I am wondering what a good system would be to hook that up to?

In keeping with your decision to not fool around with junk, you should seriously consider the Senheisser system.

Rick Crampton

Hi Eric –  you may find this video useful (from Dave Dugdale at learning dslrvideo.com):

Dave seems to agree with Rick that the Sennheiser G3 is the best choice below $1000. The G3 is $630 new from Amazon and $538 used from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

[quote=Rallies and Rides]The one thing that I am needing to get is a wireless lav mic.  The camera came with a Beachtek XLR adapter and I am wondering what a good system would be to hook that up to?[/quote]

Since you are working with an XLR input a good match would be the Audio Technica ATW-1800 series wireless, while the Sennheiser is a good system the AT has it beat with a true diversity receiver system. AT also produces an 1800 series dual channel receiver which allows for the use of two wireless transmitters at the same time.

Wayne 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap