WHAT VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE SHOULD I BUY

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Hi, i want to know the best video editing software for pc money can buy but I keep seeing powerdirector 12 pop up and its only 50 dollars. Why would the best of the best only be 50 dollars and how many features does it have as opposed to others.  I want an editor that has every feature there is out there, I don't have a budget but I don't want to overpay.  Also I want to know if it can be installed on more than one pc at a time and what type of support comes with it.

Thanks
      Participant

It's really hard to say what video editing software is the "best", but I can tell you for sure that Powerdirector is NOT one of them. I bought Powerdirector as my first video editing sofware, and it was the worst purchase ever. It's extremely unstable, unreliable, and extremely slow. It has a few good features, and their nice, if they work… I ended up going with Adobe Creative Suite, which was a much better purchase. It's 580$ a year, as you can only get it with monthy/Yearly payments. With the Adobe Creative Sweet subscription, you get Adobe Premire Pro (a very good video editing software), Adobe After Effects (a compositing and motion graphics software), and many many more, such as Adobe Audition (professional audio editing software). There are well over 15+ apps in the Adobe Creative Cloud membership. That is what I would highly recommend. It is extremely reliable, used in many diferent video projects, and is a video editing standard, in my opinion.

Another program you may want to look into is Advid Media Composer. Advid has been used in many big movies, such as the Hobbit trilogy, just to name one. 

Final Cut Pro is also a popular editing program, but is only compatible with Mac.

I have never used Advid, but I have looking into it, but for my needs and price point, I chose Adobe. They are both capable of doing most of the same things, just in diferent ways. Hope this helps 🙂  

Participant
      I use AppGeeker Editor. It will both stabilize and you can do everything you need like trimming, cropping, adding titles/soundtracks, transition effects/photo motion effects, merging, splitting and more.

It gives you options to export edited files to save in any pretty much of video types, upload to youtube and burn to disc.

P.S. For more professional stuff, Sony Vegas it the way you go but its more expensive and complex…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock media sites — 2019

If you’ve so far avoided using stock media in your projects because of the stigma it carries in certain filmmaking circles, you’re missing out.
homicide-bootstrap