what steps can be taken in order to remove the google redirect virus?????

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General what steps can be taken in order to remove the google redirect virus?????

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I've run just about every scan on the web and nothing touches it. If you can help, please do as I really don't want to have to rebuild my whole system. Somewhere I read these kinds of things are trojans and can infect more than just Firefox. Now I don't trust my system until I can remove it.

Sorry you're having these issues.  In reality, the only shotgun-sure way to be rid of any virus is to format and reinstall Windows.  I understand that you don't want to  rebuild your system.  No one does.  But this is reality.  That said, you can try the steps found in this article:  http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/security/3499499/how-remove-google-redirect-virus/.  Also, Windows has a built-in utility called System Restore, that takes snapshots of your system's registry and other settings periodically.  You can try using it to restore things to a date prior to when the issue started.  It will only affect system settings, and won't touch your user-created content.  I have used this method to remove malware from many a computer of clients who wished not to rebuild their systems.  Good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap