What is a good brand of headphones to buy, in reasonable price?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion What is a good brand of headphones to buy, in reasonable price?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      beats2014
      Participant

I want to get a nice pair of headphones. 

I mean the over the ear type, not earbuds. 

What is a good brand that has good quality? 

Preferably a reasonable priced brand? Please and thank you.

Brian
      Participant

What's your budget?

dagunner
      Participant

I use a set of koss UR20's I got from Best Buy. True sound lovers might cringe but ther are fine for my use. $29.99

Brian
      Participant

If you mean < $50 and need just basic confidence monitoring, use the earbuds from your iPhone.  I've used mine many a time on run and gun shoots and on higher end projects as well.

If you're looking for something better, the Sennheiser HD-280 Pros are about $100. Nice isolation, sound good and cheap enough that you don't mind taking them in the field.

Brian
      Participant

If you mean < $50 and need just basic confidence monitoring, use the earbuds from your iPhone.  I've used mine many a time on run and gun shoots and on higher end projects as well.

If you're looking for something better, the Sennheiser HD-280 Pros are about $100. Nice isolation, sound good and cheap enough that you don't mind taking them in the field.

Brian
      Participant

Brian
      Participant

Brian
      Participant

Brian
      Participant

Brian
      Participant

altarvic

Bose QuietComfort 3  😉

Sony 7506 – there's a reason you see them everywhere.

Also check out some of the offerings from Shure.

Make sure you are buying CLOSED circumaural design – open back is great for sound quality, but useless if you are trying to monitor in a noisy environment, and/or in the same room in which you are recording.

I'd also avoid "noise canceling" designs.  Fine if you want to listen on airplanes, but not so much when the "noise" is what you are trying to record.

Daniel Bruns
      Participant

FWIW, I personally like the Sennheiser HD280 headphones best, which arilsander mentioned and would put Bose at a close second. They both have good audio range and a flat response which doesn't taint the sound!

Dan

I bought a pair of UR40s at BestBuy and love them too!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi I use Sennheiser HD280 pro closed.

Im very happy with these ones.

arildsander

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.