What is a good brand of headphones to buy, in reasonable price?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion What is a good brand of headphones to buy, in reasonable price?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I want to get a nice pair of headphones. 

I mean the over the ear type, not earbuds. 

What is a good brand that has good quality? 

Preferably a reasonable priced brand? Please and thank you.

Participant

What's your budget?

Participant

I use a set of koss UR20's I got from Best Buy. True sound lovers might cringe but ther are fine for my use. $29.99

Participant

If you mean < $50 and need just basic confidence monitoring, use the earbuds from your iPhone.  I've used mine many a time on run and gun shoots and on higher end projects as well.

If you're looking for something better, the Sennheiser HD-280 Pros are about $100. Nice isolation, sound good and cheap enough that you don't mind taking them in the field.

Participant

If you mean < $50 and need just basic confidence monitoring, use the earbuds from your iPhone.  I've used mine many a time on run and gun shoots and on higher end projects as well.

If you're looking for something better, the Sennheiser HD-280 Pros are about $100. Nice isolation, sound good and cheap enough that you don't mind taking them in the field.

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Bose QuietComfort 3  😉

Sony 7506 – there's a reason you see them everywhere.

Also check out some of the offerings from Shure.

Make sure you are buying CLOSED circumaural design – open back is great for sound quality, but useless if you are trying to monitor in a noisy environment, and/or in the same room in which you are recording.

I'd also avoid "noise canceling" designs.  Fine if you want to listen on airplanes, but not so much when the "noise" is what you are trying to record.

Participant

FWIW, I personally like the Sennheiser HD280 headphones best, which arilsander mentioned and would put Bose at a close second. They both have good audio range and a flat response which doesn't taint the sound!

Dan

I bought a pair of UR40s at BestBuy and love them too!

Hi I use Sennheiser HD280 pro closed.

Im very happy with these ones.

arildsander

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap