What could be different? Premiere CS6

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Harlin
      Participant

I just upgraded to CS6 and have a small issue, I use 3 cams..2-ns5's and a smaller handheld something like cr150? Anyway, I used to have all 3 running fine on a timeline. This time I loaded the 2-ns5's and when I went to load the 150 it would stop my cpu dead. It would not freeze it would just try to load for an hour until I hit cancel. I tried several work arounds..until I finally converted it to a quicktime with aac audio. I have a suspicion the audio has something to do with it. The NS5's are shooting HD-1920 with PCM audio where as the 150 is HD-1920 with some other format, Im not sure what the default setting is. I will look tonight. Anyone ever had this issue? It was fine in 5.5

Thanks,Harry

SafeHarbor
      Participant

How are you importing the footage into CS6? Best to use the "Media Browser", normally found at lower left of Premiere interface, rather than File > Import. This is because of how AVCHD files are saved, some with separate audio and video files, plus metadata and such. Using Media Browser, Premiere is better able to "understand" or interpret the codec/material being imported.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN