What background lights are these?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello.  Does anyone know what lights are used in the background of this music video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y7dnaFAKEE

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Looks to me like a bunch of individual scoop lights. The 3×3 arrangements could be 1×1 LEDs with a cucoloris attached that has those nine circles cut out.

Participant

Found them!

Participant

If you Google for 'molefay' – you will find all sorts of sizes 2×8, 3×3, 4×4, and even bigger. Known universally as blinders and loved by the rock 'n' roll bands to whack the audience between the eyes. In Europe, we often run them in series to work from our 240V mains power. There are now LED versions available but not so bright, of course.

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Good find MooMoo! That has to be it.

Participant

Thanks for sharing this nice post.

Participant

Thanks for the reply Mike.  That's an interesting thought with the cucoloris…I probably could build my own.

Here is another music video that has the same type of lights.  I'm pretty sure they can be bought like this, but I have no idea what they are called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BTjG-dhf5s

Participant

I tried looking at DJ lighting but couldn't find them.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2020

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and...
homicide-bootstrap