Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › What background lights are these?
- July 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM #68774
- July 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM #208231Mike WilhelmKeymaster
Looks to me like a bunch of individual scoop lights. The 3×3 arrangements could be 1×1 LEDs with a cucoloris attached that has those nine circles cut out.
- July 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM #208236
- July 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM #208237paulearsParticipant
If you Google for 'molefay' – you will find all sorts of sizes 2×8, 3×3, 4×4, and even bigger. Known universally as blinders and loved by the rock 'n' roll bands to whack the audience between the eyes. In Europe, we often run them in series to work from our 240V mains power. There are now LED versions available but not so bright, of course.
- July 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM #208238Mike WilhelmKeymaster
Good find MooMoo! That has to be it.
- August 16, 2013 at 3:16 AM #208469courtreporterParticipant
Thanks for sharing this nice post.
- July 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM #208233
Thanks for the reply Mike. That's an interesting thought with the cucoloris…I probably could build my own.
Here is another music video that has the same type of lights. I'm pretty sure they can be bought like this, but I have no idea what they are called.
- July 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM #208234
I tried looking at DJ lighting but couldn't find them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.